Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rest In Peace David (Davy) Jones


I am completely and utterly devastated. 


Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE The Monkees. I know it’s very dangerous to say this but I love The Monkees more than The Beatles. (I’m expecting tomatoes)
In high school I discovered the wonder that was The Beatles and fell head over heels for them. But that was nothing like the way I fell for The Monkees. The underdogs, the blacklisted ones, the guys that made me laugh as much as I loved their music and their show.
The Boyz

The year I graduated from high school I got to meet Micky Dolenz, and he was WONDERFUL! He put on a GREAT show and renewed my love for the four guys who forever in my mind still lived in that awesome pad on the beach and were trying to make it as stars.
A 17 year old me with Micky Dolenz!

But the four guys I LOVED where stars, and although people still complained about the controversy from the 60’s I knew Mike, Micky, Peter, and Davy were amazing and I just wanted the rest of the world to know it too. I introduced my (very) little sister to The Monkees. She’s eight now and she thinks they are cool which makes me super happy. J

In my mind and heart The Monkees were invincible. And unlike with the Beatles I still held onto the hope that all four of them could get back together in a peaceful reunion (unlike what we got last year with Papa Nez).

When I found out that Davy Jones had passed away my heart broke.


By no means was Davy my favorite Monkee but I loved him all the same. He was insanely cute, British and short. I loved Davy for everything he was to Monkee fandom. He still preformed, and I kept trying to see him but never got the chance. That fact makes me super sad. I wanted to thank him for everything he did and has done for the world of entertainment.  But I’ll never get that chance now, as he is gone. I would be weeping over my keyboard as I write this but I’m at work and must hold my tears in.

I will be watching The Monkees in my mourning.

R.I.P. Davy Jones

You will be forever loved and missed.

-Quiana

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this write-up!

    A wonderful tribute to an equally wonderful guy.

    ReplyDelete